Dr. Gu’s work in research and publishing have earned him the respect of his peers. Honors and research grants are designed to encourage evolution of the scientific body of knowledge surrounding acupuncture orthopedics.
- May 2010 The highest achievement award of International exchange of TCM Orthopedics, World Federation of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics, Taiwan.
- May 2010 First Place Award of Shang Tianyu Inernational Scientific Research of TCM Orthopedics, World Federation of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics, Taiwan.
- 1997 Gold Award of best paper from the fourth Conference of World Traditional Medicine, Los Angeles, CA. USA
- 1994 Outstanding Paper Award from the first Conference of World Traditional Medicine. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 1990 First place honor for the China Medicine Award as part of the Science and Technology Awards announced yearly by the Chinese Health Ministry.
- 1989 Awarded youth research grant from the Chinese Health Ministry
- 1987 First place honor for the Scientific Research Award of China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine