Professional and academic memberships indicate a practitioner who is actively striving to learn more about healthcare as well as giving back to a profession that thrives on knowledge arising from experience. Dr. Gu’s professional and academic memberships represent an evolving understanding of pain control in the medical speciality of acupuncture orthopedics.
- 2000 to present: Vice Chief Editor – World Journal of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics
- 1997 to present: Vice president World Federation of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics, Beijing, China
- 1996 to present: Board member of American Institute of Acupuncture Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 1995 to present: Deputy Chief Editor of Journal of World Information of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- 1994 to present: Advisor of National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics
- 1991 to present: Board member of American Institute of Chinese Medicine
- 1986 to present: Member of China Orthopedic Association